‹ Back to search results
Ecologist - Contract - UK Government
£300.00 to £400.00 per Day
April 8, 2021
Long Term Contract
We are looking to speak to Environmental professionals, in relation to a contract with the UK Government!
This role is with one of the most recognizable names across the Public Sector, something that will add a significant amount of value to your profile and allow you to grow at an accelerated rate.
As for what the Role is about:
The role of the ecologist is to provide technical support to frontline maintenance engineering works and support the implementation of new biodiversity management standards and policies.
Technically, the ecologist needs to be competent to deliver Preliminary Ecological Assessments, Habitat Assessments (identifying and mapping habitats using NVC/Phase 1 methodology, with experience of UKHAB preferred) and Clerk of Works duties.
The ecologist needs to hold sufficient competency to advise on and mitigate risk, including applying for Wildlife Licenses from Natural England. Technical Competencies are measured against the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management Competency Framework.
- Ability to demonstrate and display Southern Region values - always safe, care about people, teamwork, empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network
- A relevant higher degree in Ecology, Zoology, Biological Sciences or other relevant Environmental Sciences, or equivalent experience
- Good understanding of UK and European wildlife legislation and best practice guidance experience
- Professional experience in ecological management - this should demonstrably cover PEA, habitat survey and mapping, Species Licensing
- Highly developed project management skills with an ability to manage multiple, competing and complex tasks
- Proven ability to direct and manage contractors, consultants and staff
- Solid experience with local community consultation and working with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to work with data capture and analysis tools (e.g. ArcGIS)
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) or equivalent
- Full UK driving licence
Call me, Alex Manea, at NonStop Recruitment now for a confidential conversation. Contact me on [email protected] or : +44 207 234 0550, please send your CV in word format OR if this does not sound like the opportunity for you, but you are a professional having worked with the Public Sector or the UK Government, please feel free to get in touch, to see other opportunities we may have within this field.
NonStop is one of the largest and fastest growing specialised life sciences recruitment companies in Europe. We are proud members of the APSCo life sciences group who ensure we meet the highest quality standards within the recruitment industry. Our offices are located in the UK, Switzerland, USA, Romania, Luxembourg and the Czech Republic and we hold labour leasing licences across Europe. Please visit our website for a full list of the niche markets we cover